Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home3/natsuki7/public_html/disgaea/header.php on line 208

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home3/natsuki7/public_html/disgaea/header.php on line 221
Disgaea Forums - Powered by XMB Disgaea Forums
Go To Bottom
Last active: Never

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: How did you get into Disgaea?
AdellFan94 Female
Human

Mood: Humorous

Level: 5
Activity: 0 / 114
Participation: 15 / 2708
Experience: 59%

[*] posted on 4-11-2009 at 12:37 AM Reply With Quote
How did you get into Disgaea?

I'm more of a recent Disgaea fan, a fan since 2008.

It was November 2008. I was looking for some PSP games at Best Buy, I was looking for an RPG in particular. I came across one that was called Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness. Looking at the case, I thought it looked very fun and interesting, so I decided to get it. Then once I started playing it, I instantly became addicted.

Then one day, in February 2009, our relatives from Washington came to visit, so we took them to Valentino's (a place near our house that has pizza, a buffet, and an arcade). After that, we stopped by at our grandparents' house and I showed Disgaea to my cousin Lexie. Even though she doesn't have a PSP (she only has a DS, Xbox, and Xbox 360), she still thought it looked interesting. That night when we were going home, I decided to stop by at Gamestop. While looking through the PS2 section, I saw Disgaea 2, then I looked at it, and immediately bought it. I brought it home that night, then the next day I started playing it and became addicted too.

Then for my 15th birthday, I got Disgaea 3. Good game, but to me it just doesn't seem as addictive as Disgaea 1 and 2.

So how did you get into Disgaea?

My top 5 favorite characters:
1. Adell
2. Laharl
3. Almaz
4. Axel
5. Rozalin

I support AdellXRozalin and LaharlXFlonne.
David Male
They took our jobs
Demon

Mood: Determined.

Level: 38
Activity: 50 / 935
Participation: 736 / 30878
Experience: 40%

[*] posted on 6-11-2009 at 05:12 AM Reply With Quote

My first experience with it was in early 2004. My friend told me about it. He said that it was a cool game where you play as demons and can pass legislation by killing all the senators. I checked it out and was instantly addicted to it. Eventually my friend sold it to me for like 20 bucks when he smashed his ps2 in a fit of rage.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o241/Overlord_David/Davidsig.gif
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o241/Overlord_David/David004.gif Overlord David - Cutting demons since 2004...
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member David's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger David's Yahoo
Cranilla Female
Average
Demon

Mood: Indifferent

Level: 20
Activity: 7 / 480
Participation: 159 / 11940
Experience: 21%

[*] posted on 6-11-2009 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote

I think my obsession started when Ellie, my sister, got a game called Disgaea: Hour of Darkness. Back then, I hardly had any games of my own, and I played my sister's games. However, they wouldn't let me play to a certain point, or save my game.

As I grew older, my other sister, Vicky, started playing it one day. Soon, as I watched her play, Vicky played through the story, and we soon got addicted to it. But not as much as we are now.

Years later, Ellie's friend gave her Disgaea 2, and I started playing that to test it out, and Vicky watched me play. Even now, while I do play the second one more, I still like the first one best.

I doubt I'll ever get the third one. Doesn't...really grab me.XP
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger Cranilla's Yahoo
AdellFan94 Female
Human

[*] posted on 7-11-2009 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Cranilla

Disgaea 3 would have to be my least favorite in the series. I like it, but not as much as Disgaea 1 or 2. The best SRPG for the PS3 is Valkyria Chronicles IMO.

1. Adell
2. Laharl
3. Almaz
4. Axel
5. Rozalin

Kiruka Other
Trainee
Demon

Mood: Apathetic

Level: 8
Activity: 0 / 194
Participation: 32 / 4623
Experience: 78%

[*] posted on 13-11-2009 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by AdellFan94
Quote:
Originally posted by Cranilla

Disgaea 3 would have to be my least favorite in the series. I like it, but not as much as Disgaea 1 or 2. The best SRPG for the PS3 is Valkyria Chronicles IMO.

"Valkyria Chronicles"? You mean Kana Goes To War, right? :p

Getting back on topic, I first got into it by watching my roommate play Disgaea: HoD. I was convinced for a while that I wouldn't be able to get into it because it's turn-based and I'm not really into grinding. However, after seeing it being played more and more, I eventually broke down and bought Disgaea DS. After that came Disgaea 2: CM, then Disgaea 3, then Disgaea 2: DHD. I suppose the deciding factor was that it was a battle system in which proper strategies can make weak characters prevail over strong characters; I think of the series more like a military combat simulator with an anime setting.

My sprite thread: http://disgaea.akai-tsuki.net/viewthread.php?tid=2823

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/7334/susumubanner.png

Don't forgot to get mIRC for yourself and come visit #Disgaea on IRCHighway! Click here if you need help. For those who don't quite get it, it's a chat room for this forum. >.>
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
AdellFan94 Female
Human

[*] posted on 13-11-2009 at 10:57 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Kiruka

WTF? It's Valkyria Chronicles. Maybe in Japan it's called Kana Goes to War, but IDK.

1. Adell
2. Laharl
3. Almaz
4. Axel
5. Rozalin

Kiruka Other
Trainee
Demon

Mood: Apathetic

Activity: 0 / 194
Participation: 32 / 4623
Experience: 78%

[*] posted on 14-11-2009 at 06:15 AM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by AdellFan94
Quote:
Originally posted by Kiruka

WTF? It's Valkyria Chronicles. Maybe in Japan it's called Kana Goes to War, but IDK.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/8869/922c8cd8fc672ea9ff23a8d.jpg

"Kana Goes To War" is basically just something people came up with because Kana Minami and Alicia Melchiott have the same VA, and they both get lots of scenes with funny facial expressions.

My sprite thread: http://disgaea.akai-tsuki.net/viewthread.php?tid=2823

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/7334/susumubanner.png

Don't forgot to get mIRC for yourself and come visit #Disgaea on IRCHighway! Click here if you need help. For those who don't quite get it, it's a chat room for this forum. >.>
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
Tsuki Male
Emo Moofin
Angel

Mood: aegyo aegyo

Level: 29
Activity: 16 / 713
Participation: 379 / 28145
Experience: 54%

[*] posted on 14-11-2009 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote

The Spicy Hot Laxative ad in a mag.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/angelik_elk/Icons%20and%20Banners/woobabeh.jpg
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Tsuki's Aim
Alice Female
Trainee

Level: 6
Activity: 0 / 143
Participation: 20 / 3364
Experience: 75%

[*] posted on 27-11-2009 at 03:28 AM Reply With Quote

I'm a lot later than all of you, actually....I got Disgaea about a week ago, and there's no way I'm giving up my addiction now.
My friend, Urbex -- Err, online friend -- and I were chatting about Final Fantasy X, and we got into conversation about VII, which I couldn't seem to find below $40. He reckoned it was because it was three disks long, and is the most popular Final Fantasy game. I didn't HAVE 40 dollars to spend at the moment, and asked him if he knew any other good games. He immediately pointed me to...Kingdom Hearts, which I felt like throwing up in his face for, because I was already playing KH, and was stuck in Destiny Islands trying to find a Seagull Egg. (I got past that part...Err, this is unrelated! Sorry, I'll stick on topic now) I felt pretty desperate then, and he was all like, 'Chill out. If you don't want to buy a Square Enix game, get Disgaea - it's crazy amazing.'

So, yeah. After I bought FFVII (Which it said it'd take two~three weeks to ship, and I actually got it very cheap - $34, shipping included.) then I had nothing to do during the shipping time, and, well, I saved up -- and managed to get enough for Disgaea.

o.o; I started it about five or six days ago, I know it's even a week yet. But, heyyy, Laharl's addicting. <.<

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn59/RozenAlice/Alicesig.png
leehg5925

Level: 3
Activity: 0 / 52
Participation: 6 / 1216
Experience: 9%

[*] posted on 7-12-2009 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote

Got into it when Disgaea 1 was released for the PSP, was a whim of an action, been addicted immediately and ever since. Though nowadays the hassle of life leaves me almost no time for gaming =/
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
leapyear29

Level: 1
Activity: 0 / 2
Participation: 1 / 62
Experience: 10%

[*] posted on 26-12-2009 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote

a friend of my brother lend him his psp for a while i took a look at it and saw this game i tried it and came to like its cutesy hehe

grapefruit

Activity: 0 / 2
Participation: 1 / 61
Experience: 10%

[*] posted on 23-2-2010 at 03:27 AM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by leehg5925
Got into it when Disgaea 1 was released for the PSP, was a whim of an action, been addicted immediately and ever since. Though nowadays the hassle of life leaves me almost no time for gaming =/

^Exactly the same for me. Prior to playing Disgaea the only SRPG I had every tried is Final Fantasy Tactics. I beat it a few times as a kid for PS1, and then got the PSP just to replay it. But when I bought Disgaea to continue my urge to play similar games, I realized that I had stumbled on one of the best games ever made :)
Rozy
Trainee

Activity: 0 / 122
Participation: 16 / 2593
Experience: 90%

[*] posted on 29-8-2010 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote

How I got into Disgaea is interesting. At first I was playing Jeanne d'Arc about two years ago on the PSP. While I was out of town, the game was stolen. I was planning on replacing it and I thought I would do some research on the SRPG genre because I wanted to get another game of the same genre. I came across Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness and I loved it. Looking back on it now, everything works out for the best. If my other Jeanne d'Arc game hadn't got stolen i would never had to replace it and discover Disgaea. I'm currently playing the second Disgaea game for the PSP and hoping to get the third Disgaea very soon. :cool:
nekocielXD Female

Activity: 0 / 0
Participation: 0 / 13
Experience: 2%

[*] posted on 7-2-2011 at 03:53 AM Reply With Quote

well it all startedwhen ( i dont really remember the date :3! ) i went to the nearest mall to buy a new game then i saw the cover of disgaea 2 i said "oh! this ones cute and it has a cool name" then i bought it. i got so addicted to it after 30 minutes. so when dad bought a psp for me the first things i downloade are disgaea related games :D

Photobucket I LIKE MAKING SPRITES~Photobucket
clockwork_prinny Male
Trainee
Monster

Mood: acidic

Activity: 0 / 192
Participation: 31 / 3893
Experience: 68%

[*] posted on 7-2-2011 at 07:09 AM Reply With Quote

I heard the game mentioned a few times, so I finally read about it and was like, "oh wow... this game sounds exactly like my kind of quirky, Japanese, obsessive-compulsive, time-devouring RPG thing." Eventually I got around to ordering a PS2 copy, then (ironically) finally decided to crack it open on halloween to watch the main character wake up in a coffin with a succubus-looking girl pointing a pistol at his head, and huuuuge weapons everywhere. For weeks, it was off and on, me spending every free moment either level-grinding or clearing out story maps. Lately I play it in snippets. You can always come back to this game and play around in it for a few hours. Too bad most of my friends aren't crazy enough about turn-based games to care about this one, haha. I'd love to get someone else addicted.

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/clockwork_prinny/sig.jpg
Pai Pie Pii Other

Mood: Evyl >:D

Activity: 0 / 108
Participation: 14 / 3236
Experience: 35%

[*] posted on 1-3-2011 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote

When I looked at the trailer. My dreams came true when I wanted a Final Fantasy Tactics clone. I m really glad I picked it up as soon as it was released.

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/8279/paipiepiisiggymy0.jpg

Flame God quote: Ah so you are one of them. You re the type of person who sees the world as black and white. If it never happened to you, then it doesnt exist. Books and literature are very different than experience. The opinions expressed in books nowadays are very biased. Its only the authors opinion on how they see the world through their eyes. Books are only meant for entertainment, nothing more. So go ahead hit me with your best shot, ya bookworm!
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger Pai+Pie+Pii's Yahoo
THEUNDYINGHEARTLESS Male
Trainee
Demon

Mood: DESTROY

Activity: 0 / 179
Participation: 28 / 3491
Experience: 18%

[*] posted on 2-4-2011 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote

I'm in to anime and i remember shopping at video game store and bumpin into disgaea 1 , took a quick look at the back & read its contents , & took a chance . Ever since been a fan . Because of this in encounter with the first disgaea back in 2003 , is what lead me to play games like Makai Kingdom: Chronicles of the Sacred Tome , & La Pucelle: Tactics .

Alex Other
Trainee
Demon

Mood: Jammin with music

Level: 7
Activity: 0 / 161
Participation: 24 / 3128
Experience: 46%

[*] posted on 13-4-2011 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote

I'm in to anime and I remember my mom brought Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories. First I thought it was a lame game then when I played it I was totally got addicted. Disgaea is a awesome game.

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee392/Prinny_King_Dood_II/Signatures/4253.gif
hero_prinny_dood Male
Demon

Mood: Prinny-like

Level: 4
Activity: 0 / 82
Participation: 10 / 1389
Experience: 31%

[*] posted on 1-3-2012 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote

A long time ago, my cousin brought disgaea 1 for psp in. Then a few years later, when I got my psp go, I looked at the media go, and happened to find disgaea. I thought: This is the game my cousin played years ago! So, I bought it. At first I sucked, then I slowly got better with it, used the foresight glitch, and then got yoshitsuna. It was all over from there.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top