Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home3/natsuki7/public_html/disgaea/header.php on line 208

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home3/natsuki7/public_html/disgaea/header.php on line 221
Disgaea Forums - Powered by XMB Disgaea Forums
Go To Bottom
Last active: Never

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Was anyone else disappointed?
AdellFan94 Female
Human

Mood: Humorous

Level: 5
Activity: 0 / 114
Participation: 15 / 2708
Experience: 59%

[*] posted on 29-11-2009 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
Was anyone else disappointed?

Was anyone else disappointed with Disgaea 3? To me, it was a huge disappointment. One of my main complaints is the difficulty. Sure, Disgaea 1 and 2 were challenging, but Disgaea 3's difficulty is insane. I mean, my teammates are all at Lvl. 13, but I still can't get past Chapter 2, and I don't want to keep going back to Chapter 1 just to level up more, but I guess that's the only way I CAN get to the next chapter. The humor is good though.

My top 5 favorite characters:
1. Adell
2. Laharl
3. Almaz
4. Axel
5. Rozalin

I support AdellXRozalin and LaharlXFlonne.
SuperAidow Male
Trainee

Mood: Queer

Level: 8
Activity: 0 / 176
Participation: 27 / 4179
Experience: 6%

[*] posted on 29-11-2009 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote

I always loved a difficult fight. It gave me more chance to strategize and less to worry about all my teammates just being able to win by sheer power. =P

Etna Female
Galaxy Beauty Pirate
Demon

Mood: Win or Lose! Stand up for your beliefs.

Level: 53
Activity: 146 / 1311
Participation: 1845 / 51962
Experience: 44%

[*] posted on 29-11-2009 at 11:32 PM Reply With Quote

Actually,I enjoyed Disgaea 3,Much better than Disgaea 2,seeing as how I made much progress during the post game for Dis3 than I did with Dis2.With Dis2 I just got Laharl and just stopped playing from there.While Disgaea 3,I recruited,Laharl and them,Akutare,then Marona and so on.That and there's also the trophies,which gives you another extra bit of challenge.

From my personal experience,I really liked the characters more than I did in Dis2.Like I'm a big fan for AdelxRozalin,and thats the only reason I kept playing and beat it,lol.While Dis1,I did enjoy it the most,and still consider it my fav,Dis3 just has some improvement compare to Dis1,but when it comes to story/plot wise...Yeah.I still like Dis1's the most.

http://devil-heart.net/bs-s/bss-3.jpg

"Tell me,who's the baddest of the bad?
The maddest of the mad? The killer of kings and destroyer of worlds?"http://etna.akai-tsuki.net/001flg.gifThank you Revel <3

http://etna.akai-tsuki.net/enmygi0901.png http://etna.akai-tsuki.net/ven-1.png
Mao Male
Average
Demon

Mood: Jammin with music

Level: 18
Activity: 5 / 440
Participation: 133 / 10662
Experience: 61%

[*] posted on 30-11-2009 at 07:10 AM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by AdellFan94
Was anyone else disappointed with Disgaea 3? To me, it was a huge disappointment. One of my main complaints is the difficulty. Sure, Disgaea 1 and 2 were challenging, but Disgaea 3's difficulty is insane. I mean, my teammates are all at Lvl. 13, but I still can't get past Chapter 2, and I don't want to keep going back to Chapter 1 just to level up more, but I guess that's the only way I CAN get to the next chapter. The humor is good though.

U think that's hard? Wait til u get higher up in the game
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Mao's Aim
Kiruka Other
Trainee
Demon

Mood: Apathetic

Activity: 0 / 194
Participation: 32 / 4624
Experience: 78%

[*] posted on 30-11-2009 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote

I rarely had to grind to get further in the game, I just used underhanded strategies and made sure my equipment was up to snuff. That said, my main problem with Disgaea 3 is the incredibly lame damage system. Tank-type builds are much harder to play than in Disgaea 1 or 2, whereas glass cannons are everywhere.

My sprite thread: http://disgaea.akai-tsuki.net/viewthread.php?tid=2823

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/7334/susumubanner.png

Don't forgot to get mIRC for yourself and come visit #Disgaea on IRCHighway! Click here if you need help. For those who don't quite get it, it's a chat room for this forum. >.>
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
AdellFan94 Female
Human

[*] posted on 22-12-2009 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Mao
U think that's hard? Wait til u get higher up in the game

*faints*

1. Adell
2. Laharl
3. Almaz
4. Axel
5. Rozalin

Tsuki Male
Emo Moofin
Angel

Mood: aegyo aegyo

Level: 29
Activity: 16 / 713
Participation: 379 / 28147
Experience: 54%

[*] posted on 23-12-2009 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote

I actually thought it was much easier than it should have been.
I breezed through it without ever redoing a stage.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/angelik_elk/Icons%20and%20Banners/woobabeh.jpg
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Tsuki's Aim
David Male
They took our jobs
Demon

Mood: Determined.

Level: 38
Activity: 50 / 935
Participation: 736 / 30880
Experience: 40%

[*] posted on 31-1-2010 at 11:33 PM Reply With Quote

I found it to be quite easy. Especially when it comes to the level up grind. Thanks to a certain item getting to lv 9999 or max transmigration has never been faster or easier. And yes I'm saying this including the use of the debug cheat code of Disgaea 2. Seriously once you get a couple things its even easier than using cheat codes to level. They weren't kidding when they said they removed the grind from the game (I'm paraphrasing a quote from inside the game itself.) Furthermore I loved the story and the characters very much. And the bonus material is nice. So no, no dissapointment here.

However you may as well throw "tank class" out the window. The damage system is so off balance that you'll never really beable to fully neutralize damage. And later on in the land of carnage you may as well forget you even have a def stat because at that point it becomes: Kill in one hit or you will die in one hit. Speed is a much better defensive stat for this game. Speed and evasion bonuses.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o241/Overlord_David/Davidsig.gif
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o241/Overlord_David/David004.gif Overlord David - Cutting demons since 2004...
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member David's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger David's Yahoo
AdellFan94 Female
Human

[*] posted on 1-2-2010 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote

What exactly does everyone mean by "Level grinding"? I've heard this term used a lot, but I don't know what it means. Maybe that's why Disgaea 3 is so hard for me. LOL

1. Adell
2. Laharl
3. Almaz
4. Axel
5. Rozalin

Netherworld Wanderer Male
Unknown

Mood: blah.

Activity: 0 / 112
Participation: 15 / 3515
Experience: 51%

[*] posted on 2-2-2010 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote

:swt: Geez, not to sound mean or anything, but have you ever played some sort of an RPG in your life?

The bulk of Disgaea is in the level grinding, or to put it in perspective, Slogging through hundreds of fights, doing everything you have to to gain EXP to raise your characters levels. Combined with Reincarnation, Item and Class Worlding, not to mention the Evility and Skill shop, and you'll essentially create someone who can vaporize enemies via blinking.

I am a wanderer, one who shall travel through the Netherworld.
David Male
They took our jobs
Demon

[*] posted on 2-2-2010 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote

Level grinding is the act of intentionally leveling up to amass power. Since Disgaea and it's equivilant games go to lv 9999 and stored lv 185,000+9999 level grinding is an extremely hard thing to do most of the time.

However once you get the proper stuff gathered, in disgaea 3 you can go to lv 9999 in 2-3 rounds of Cave of Ordeals (Cant remember which stage) So level grinding has never been easier.

However I should point out that getting the stuff nessisary to do that is incredibly difficult and time consuming. And you have to risk your life in order to do it. Cause it requires you to get atleast sub-ultimate gear. That you cannot obtain without being knee deep in the land of carnage item worlds. You must have a mighty thief. One who can steal the underware off a god without taking off his pants.

And you have to beable to triumph over enemies much greater than yourself. I dont wanna go into details cause it's game breaking. Once you obtain these things you will be close to unstoppable and it can get boring.

(I should add that in the land of carnage item world you are NEVER unstoppable. But if you can kill in 1 hit it's fair. )

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o241/Overlord_David/David004.gif Overlord David - Cutting demons since 2004...
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member David's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger David's Yahoo
AdellFan94 Female
Human

[*] posted on 2-2-2010 at 11:41 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Netherworld Wanderer
:swt: Geez, not to sound mean or anything, but have you ever played some sort of an RPG in your life?

The bulk of Disgaea is in the level grinding, or to put it in perspective, Slogging through hundreds of fights, doing everything you have to to gain EXP to raise your characters levels. Combined with Reincarnation, Item and Class Worlding, not to mention the Evility and Skill shop, and you'll essentially create someone who can vaporize enemies via blinking.

I've played many RPGs. I play RPGs all the time, but I just didn't know what level grinding meant. I tried going through all of the Chapter 1 levels over and over just to level up in order to get past Chapter 2, but pretty soon I just got bored, and so I WAS going to go to the Item World, but they won't let you access the Item World from Mao's heart! :mad: I think I'll just have to start a new save file and then spend hours in the Item World so I can finally get through the game, and I might use the Skill Shop too.

1. Adell
2. Laharl
3. Almaz
4. Axel
5. Rozalin

David Male
They took our jobs
Demon

[*] posted on 3-2-2010 at 02:33 AM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Netherworld Wanderer

I've played many RPGs. I play RPGs all the time, but I just didn't know what level grinding meant. I tried going through all of the Chapter 1 levels over and over just to level up in order to get past Chapter 2, but pretty soon I just got bored, and so I WAS going to go to the Item World, but they won't let you access the Item World from Mao's heart! :mad: I think I'll just have to start a new save file and then spend hours in the Item World so I can finally get through the game, and I might use the Skill Shop too.

Lose to Raspberyl in Mao's heart and it'll automaticly cycle the game. Plus you'll get to see an ending. At the very start the best place to level up is "The Strongest Crossroads" I think.

elysia-chan Female
Demon

Mood: Random

Level: 1
Activity: 0 / 11
Participation: 2 / 267
Experience: 47%

[*] posted on 13-2-2010 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote

I was totally under level throughout the entire game. :D Like for the final boss, I was like 10-15 levels under. I really enjoy this one. The cast was great and so was the humor. I didn't really find 3 all that easy, neither was it too hard. But I won most of battles base on luck. Like I always do.
KevROB948 Male
Demon

Mood: Tired

Level: 2
Activity: 0 / 28
Participation: 3 / 617
Experience: 12%

[*] posted on 2-6-2010 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote

Quote:
the difficulty. Sure, Disgaea 1 and 2 were challenging, but Disgaea 3's difficulty is insane. I mean, my teammates are all at Lvl. 13, but I still can't get past Chapter 2, and I don't want to keep going back to Chapter 1 just to level up more, but I guess that's the only way I CAN get to the next chapter.
If you think that's hard, just wait until Chapter 8, good god that chapter was cheap!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member KevROB948's Aim KevROB948's Yahoo
Prinnysquad

Level: 2
Activity: 0 / 34
Participation: 4 / 851
Experience: 38%

[*] posted on 8-7-2010 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote

only played Disgaea 1 and 2 to the portable, but they where WAY to easy, you finish the playthrough just to get stuck in an endless grinding so you some day can unlock everything.
THEUNDYINGHEARTLESS Male
Trainee
Demon

Mood: DESTROY

Activity: 0 / 179
Participation: 28 / 3491
Experience: 18%

[*] posted on 3-4-2011 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote

The only thing I was kind of disappointed with was the story line being too much like disgaea 1 , with mao having problems with his father like laharl had with his . lame .

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top