Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home3/natsuki7/public_html/disgaea/header.php on line 208

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home3/natsuki7/public_html/disgaea/header.php on line 221
Disgaea Forums - Powered by XMB Disgaea Forums
Go To Bottom
Last active: Never

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
 Pages:  1  2  3  4
Author: Subject: David's Nis Artwork UPDATE! :Oct/2011
David Male
They took our jobs
Demon

Mood: Determined.

Level: 38
Activity: 50 / 935
Participation: 736 / 30849
Experience: 40%

[*] posted on 26-9-2006 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
David's Nis Artwork UPDATE! :Oct/2011

Overlord David! http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/7051/overlorddavid50ek8.jpg

To be honest with you it took me longer to write down all that crap on the page than to draw.
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member David's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger David's Yahoo
Marionette
The Comedy of Errors

Mood: Delicious Almaz

Level: 26
Activity: 13 / 631
Participation: 286 / 21111
Experience: 26%

[*] posted on 26-9-2006 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote

the profile made me laugh xDD

David Male
They took our jobs
Demon

[*] posted on 26-9-2006 at 11:09 PM Reply With Quote

Thanks. You might not beable to see it. But his belt buckle says Freak N Overlord
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member David's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger David's Yahoo
Akutare
Retired, twas fun.
Monster

Level: 31
Activity: 20 / 753
Participation: 431 / 28510
Experience: 13%

[*] posted on 27-9-2006 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote

"Feak N Overlord"

I can see that on every Demon's bumpersticker...

David Male
They took our jobs
Demon

[*] posted on 29-9-2006 at 02:22 AM Reply With Quote

I'm a sexy freakin overlord. As far as guys go. Heh
Nyanko
Uber Goddess

Mood: Bitchy/Lazy

Level: 14
Activity: 2 / 339
Participation: 81 / 10874
Experience: 57%

[*] posted on 4-3-2007 at 04:36 AM Reply With Quote

lol thats cool... i like the sword alot.

[image]http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss12/Rozy_90/rozydlsigcopy.jpg[/image]
David Male
They took our jobs
Demon

[*] posted on 4-3-2007 at 04:57 AM Reply With Quote

That sword is the original Yoshitsuna, glad you like it. XD

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o241/Overlord_David/Davidsig.gif
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o241/Overlord_David/David004.gif Overlord David - Cutting demons since 2004...
wee man

Mood: in the mood for tacco

Level: 4
Activity: 0 / 98
Participation: 12 / 3089
Experience: 94%

[*] posted on 4-3-2007 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote

david ive been looking at your work and.....dont ever call it crappy again

chees is illegal in small countries
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member wee+man's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger
David Male
They took our jobs
Demon

[*] posted on 4-3-2007 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote

Heh, but I think this one, IS pretty crappy. It's all jaggy with a buncha unconnected lines. And it's slightly mishaped.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o241/Overlord_David/David004.gif Overlord David - Cutting demons since 2004...
wee man

Mood: in the mood for tacco

Level: 4
Activity: 0 / 98
Participation: 12 / 3089
Experience: 94%

[*] posted on 4-3-2007 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote

well i couldnt do better but seriosly dont say that its bad luck(i think)

chees is illegal in small countries
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member wee+man's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger
David Male
They took our jobs
Demon

[*] posted on 5-3-2007 at 02:39 AM Reply With Quote

Hmm, I've never heard of it being bad-luck to be a harsh critic of your own art.

Groove Zombie Male
Resident Bastard
Monster

Level: 32
Activity: 25 / 786
Participation: 477 / 28261
Experience: 44%

[*] posted on 5-3-2007 at 02:58 AM Reply With Quote

I wouldn't call it crappy at all, mang. Definitely not. And yes, we are always our harshest critic.

The jaggy lines are a by-product of a lack of confidence in your lines. Probably the biggest issue with all of us amature artists out there. I have a lot of issues with that, but it used to be a shit-ton worse. I think that's really the tallest hurdle for any artist to overcome, honestly. And there's a serious level-up in store once one gets over that lack of confidence.

For me, that was always the hardest thing to work on, because you can't sit down and work on it. Oh, anatomy, well you can open up a nude book or take a figure drawing class and get cracking. But confidence in your lines is just... I don't know, you just sort of finally get over putting every mark where you THINK it should be and make a line without worrying where it goes. Once you get there, you start tightening up shit, and art starts taking you places. At least that's the short way I see it. It's more complicated I suppose, but eh. Art doesn't need to be more complicated. :D

Damn... you know, that bit about "not worrying where the line goes" sounds odd. I can't really put it into words, but that's not exactly what I mean. You just sort of KNOW where the line goes, and you don't need to think about it. Yeah, that's better. Heh... whatever. I'm lame and can't puts my thoughts into those word things.

This post may not reflect the views of Akai Tsuki Ltd. Zombie's sarcasm is not the fault of the management. Take sarcasm in small doses. If you ingest too much sarcasm, or experience a sarcasm for seven or more hours, consult your physician. Sarcasm may contain peanuts, some people experience allergic reactions to sarcasm. For customer service, please call 1-900-UCRAMIT. Please enjoy your sarcasm responsibly.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member Groove+Zombie's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger
David Male
They took our jobs
Demon

[*] posted on 5-3-2007 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote

Well I get jaggy lines because I have low dex. XD So my hands get kinda shakey. The only time I can really do a flawless line is when I draw somthing once and then ink (trace) it again. XD Theres nothing wrong with tracing your own drawing right? It doesn't make you a "tracer" (Chasing Amy.) does it?

Groove Zombie Male
Resident Bastard
Monster

[*] posted on 5-3-2007 at 08:22 AM Reply With Quote

No no no... that's a necessary skill sometimes. Used to do it all the time since pencils screw up inks by sorta shining through them. And I can see that being an issue, the shakey-hands thing.

AND NOW IT'S ALSO TIME FOR ZOMBIE'S FOOT IN HIS MOUTH ROUTINE. Seriously, that whole "lack of linework confidence" thing seems all kinds of worthless and inappropriate now... D:

This post may not reflect the views of Akai Tsuki Ltd. Zombie's sarcasm is not the fault of the management. Take sarcasm in small doses. If you ingest too much sarcasm, or experience a sarcasm for seven or more hours, consult your physician. Sarcasm may contain peanuts, some people experience allergic reactions to sarcasm. For customer service, please call 1-900-UCRAMIT. Please enjoy your sarcasm responsibly.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member Groove+Zombie's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger
Taro
Battle Freak
Demon

Mood: Fah

Level: 25
Activity: 12 / 613
Participation: 268 / 19616
Experience: 54%

[*] posted on 5-3-2007 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote

now exactly what level must you bet to get an attack of "OMGWTFBBQ"? your guys upper body seems more muscular than the regular warriors in Disgaea...i guess 'cause they're mostly chibi-able.....wahoo.

If that is something that can be stopped, then just try and stop it.
David Male
They took our jobs
Demon

[*] posted on 6-3-2007 at 12:17 AM Reply With Quote

Well, it's mostly not about level. It's mostly about gear. lol It's just a joke displaying that he has a really high power level.

Don't worry about it Zombie. It's not like it's useless advice. Someone is bound to benefit from your wisdom. Another reason why I trace my art is I like to keep the original sketch in tact too. As further proof I drew something, just in case some yahoo tries to steal something from me and make money off it. Hahaha. Drawings like this one though, don't have sketches. This is why I call it a doodle. Cause when I doodle, I normally like to doodle in pen, cause it's smoother.

Another example of doodle from me is this brief 4 page comic I drew. It was basically a joke on Jezzabelle. Because I have a Phantasy Star Online Version of her as well. And she has muscular shoulders and such from swinging those oversized swords, so several people who have saw that version's picture have said she looks like a man.

The second joke was about her special gun that I created called the "Capitanís deluxe". I drew that entire comic and wrote in all the dialogue in 60 seconds. (I considered it a challenge.) So the drawings are really horrible and the writing is chicken scratch. It's a basic Phantasy Star Online fan-comic with my character as the antagonist and the butt of the joke. Because I liked these 2 generic characters that I designed in the comic so much I was almost tempted to give them their own comic series. But I dunno how much I could handle a series that has Bill & Ted like dialogue. And the comic itself could probably be easily referred to as "Cheech and Chong in space" Yeah, it's all pothead humor and sight gags. And these dudes say dude more than prinny's dood. Even when they aren't referring to anyone specifically. like "Dude that sucks!"

I typed up a single adventure and titled it "Bongzai Adventures" But I never drew out the comic. It's basically a "What would happen if 2 stoned Chowder Heads got a license to pilot a mecha and went on space adventures constantly searching for better buds to smoke."

Groove Zombie Male
Resident Bastard
Monster

[*] posted on 6-3-2007 at 04:28 AM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by David
I typed up a single adventure and titled it "Bongzai Adventures" But I never drew out the comic. It's basically a "What would happen if 2 stoned Chowder Heads got a license to pilot a mecha and went on space adventures constantly searching for better buds to smoke."

DO IT.

RIGHT NOW.

RIGHT.

NOW.

And bah, "wisdom". It's just from getting the same thing told to me so many times by people who were way crazy beyond me in the art department. People from Conceptart.org and the likes. Those guys are nuts.

David Male
They took our jobs
Demon

[*] posted on 6-3-2007 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote

Quote:
DO IT.

RIGHT NOW.

RIGHT.

NOW.

Can I take it that the concept is already like-able? XD

Sayuma

Mood: Amused

Level: 1
Activity: 0 / 11
Participation: 2 / 368
Experience: 47%

[*] posted on 6-3-2007 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote

You need to work on your structure of the body a little bit, but you have really great line quality. Polish up on your proportions, but otherwise, it's really good work. If you keep at it, I'd expect you to get much better in a very short period of time. Have you ever taken any formal classes? There's lots of good websites to help improve yourself. Drop me a line on MSN if I'm not busy, and I'll help you find some.

"Tch, is that all you got?"
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
David Male
They took our jobs
Demon

[*] posted on 6-3-2007 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote

Nah, I haven't taken any Art classes since high school. And I failed Art class because my Art teacher didn't like my style. She said "Cartoons and Comic book characters are for children!" "You shouldn't draw such tasteless crap." I think she was gunning for me... Cause the best grade I got was a C on a self portrait. Which looked pretty much just like me only with psychidelic color instead of normal human color. She didn't like that eaither. Said I wasted the expensive acrylic paint by solidly coloring my portrait. Anyway, as I said this drawing isn't that great. Even on my other thread in the inner sanctum there is better.

Taro
Battle Freak
Demon

[*] posted on 6-3-2007 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by David
Nah, I haven't taken any Art classes since high school. And I failed Art class because my Art teacher didn't like my style. She said "Cartoons and Comic book characters are for children!" "You shouldn't draw such tasteless crap." I think she was gunning for me... Cause the best grade I got was a C on a self portrait. Which looked pretty much just like me only with psychidelic color instead of normal human color. She didn't like that eaither. Said I wasted the expensive acrylic paint by solidly coloring my portrait. Anyway, as I said this drawing isn't that great. Even on my other thread in the inner sanctum there is better.

My art teacher said the same thing...."kids get to involved in the japanese style of drawing...i'm concerned about that..." SO WHAT?....although...i'm still in highschool....how many people are not in high school here?....is still pretty cool though david....

200TH POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David Male
They took our jobs
Demon

[*] posted on 27-3-2007 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote

This is a NEW drawing, I just did today. And it's contents is a secret.

Theres PNG for the good quality (Fast net users)

And JPG for the pixelated ver (slow net users)

http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/4977/11545357iu4.png

http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/6851/11538770ll3.jpg

I'm not exactly positive what this counts as, so I'll post it in both of my art topics. Hope you enjoy. The drawing took me no more than a couple mins to do, but because I'm not exactly handy with coloring on the computer yet, that took a few hours.

Samurai Demon Sonic
Trainee

Mood: OMG...

Level: 8
Activity: 0 / 182
Participation: 29 / 5896
Experience: 29%

[*] posted on 27-3-2007 at 11:36 PM Reply With Quote

^Funny art there David... I wasn't supecting that one... I want to talk more about it but I leave it a secert....

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s309/Its_That_Ninja/Sonicruninplace.jpg

About time...
Taro
Battle Freak
Demon

[*] posted on 28-3-2007 at 12:58 AM Reply With Quote

Prinny Mean Bean Machine...Dr. Robotnik has no name that will be used without changing it..............or something...

David Male
They took our jobs
Demon

[*] posted on 28-3-2007 at 04:05 AM Reply With Quote

Well, I guess the cat's out of the bag now. This pictutre was a random moment of insanity that popped into my mind. But it seems so likely to happen. heh.

Pages:  1  2  3  4
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top