Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home3/natsuki7/public_html/disgaea/header.php on line 208

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home3/natsuki7/public_html/disgaea/header.php on line 221
Disgaea Forums - Powered by XMB Disgaea Forums
Go To Bottom
Last active: Never

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: question
vincent

Mood: Alone

Level: 2
Activity: 0 / 25
Participation: 3 / 810
Experience: 0%

[*] posted on 28-10-2006 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
question

Never heard of this game but can anyone give me a screenshot to see what it is and a little story line

The fallen will rise and the risen will fall
BlutOrchidee

Mood: um... no...

Level: 4
Activity: 0 / 80
Participation: 10 / 2997
Experience: 22%

[*] posted on 29-10-2006 at 01:49 AM Reply With Quote

just go to gamespot.com they got a lot of screenshots ^^

the game is about a girl named prier and her little brother culotte or what ever it was they are demon hunters
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member BlutOrchidee's Aim
Revel Male
Average
Demon

Mood: Good

Level: 19
Activity: 5 / 456
Participation: 143 / 14907
Experience: 26%

[*] posted on 29-10-2006 at 02:41 AM Reply With Quote

=/ I never liked the game to be honest. After I played Disgaea, I was interested in the next Nippon Ichi game coming to the states so I picked it up.

David Male
They took our jobs
Demon

Mood: Determined.

Level: 38
Activity: 50 / 935
Participation: 736 / 30865
Experience: 40%

[*] posted on 1-11-2006 at 06:37 AM Reply With Quote

Personally I think this game has a better story line than Disgaea. And a more loveable cast of characters. Theres not really anybody whos "OMFG ANNOYING" in it like there are in the disgaea games. Basicly Prier has to discover the links between the Church of the Divine Mother and the Dark Prince. Foiling thier plans along the way and trying to help everyone she can. Everyone was like "OMG you wont like it dont play it" But I did anyway, and personally I thought it put Disgaea to shame. Its much more difficult even though it doesn't cycle. And it has a touching storyline that tests the characters morality. So far my favorite Nippon RPG. But for the storyline aspect. Disgaea still has a much more in depth battle aspect. In Lapucelle team attacks can have up to 8 people. So if you team attack alot you can almost trounce anyone. However, the puzzles in the game are alot more chalanging to set off chain reactions in than geo puzzles. But you have to beable to get past the cutesyness of alot of the monsters to beable to stomach it. Basicly only Main characters and demons are visibly pleasant.
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member David's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger David's Yahoo
Groove Zombie Male
Resident Bastard
Monster

Level: 32
Activity: 25 / 786
Participation: 477 / 28275
Experience: 44%

[*] posted on 1-11-2006 at 06:53 AM Reply With Quote

I mostly liked the Zombie/Skeleton units and the bears.

But yeah... all that other stuff was neat too. :D

Seriously though, I couldn't get into it when I first bought it, and then about a year ago I popped it in and couldn't put it down for several weeks. It's definately a good one.

This post may not reflect the views of Akai Tsuki Ltd. Zombie's sarcasm is not the fault of the management. Take sarcasm in small doses. If you ingest too much sarcasm, or experience a sarcasm for seven or more hours, consult your physician. Sarcasm may contain peanuts, some people experience allergic reactions to sarcasm. For customer service, please call 1-900-UCRAMIT. Please enjoy your sarcasm responsibly.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member Groove+Zombie's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger
Tsuki Male
Emo Moofin
Angel

Mood: aegyo aegyo

Level: 29
Activity: 16 / 713
Participation: 379 / 28136
Experience: 54%

[*] posted on 1-11-2006 at 11:57 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by David
Personally I think this game has a better story line than Disgaea. And a more loveable cast of characters. Theres not really anybody whos "OMFG ANNOYING" in it like there are in the disgaea games. Basicly Prier has to discover the links between the Church of the Divine Mother and the Dark Prince. Foiling thier plans along the way and trying to help everyone she can. Everyone was like "OMG you wont like it dont play it" But I did anyway, and personally I thought it put Disgaea to shame. Its much more difficult even though it doesn't cycle. And it has a touching storyline that tests the characters morality. So far my favorite Nippon RPG. But for the storyline aspect. Disgaea still has a much more in depth battle aspect. In Lapucelle team attacks can have up to 8 people. So if you team attack alot you can almost trounce anyone. However, the puzzles in the game are alot more chalanging to set off chain reactions in than geo puzzles. But you have to beable to get past the cutesyness of alot of the monsters to beable to stomach it. Basicly only Main characters and demons are visibly pleasant.
Did you just overlook Culotte throughout the entire story? >___>

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/angelik_elk/Icons%20and%20Banners/woobabeh.jpg
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Tsuki's Aim
Laharl Male
Opinionated Overlord
Demon

Mood: Lost to Apathy

Level: 42
Activity: 65 / 1045
Participation: 985 / 39246
Experience: 81%

[*] posted on 2-11-2006 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Tsuki
Quote:
Originally posted by David
Did you just overlook Culotte throughout the entire story? >___>

lol agreed, Culotte was way more annoying than anyone in Disgaea and he was pretty useless in battle too if i remember

Last.fm
MyAnimeList
PSN ID: Cynical_Durian
Twitter: @Cynical_Durian
David Male
They took our jobs
Demon

[*] posted on 2-11-2006 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote

I liked his sarcastic additude. Though his voice was annoying I wouldn't say hes an entirely retarded and whack character. AND if you keep him at the back of the formation where nobody can get him, hes able to blast the dog shit out of people with magic. Originally I was having problems with the last boss. Because of his low HP Culloute made great bait. I got the boss to chase him around and keep him from killing the others as a desperate attempt to win. But then I didn't... Because stupid boss managed to get lucky and get a tiny critical on salade. If he would have hit him with the normal attack Salade wouldn't have died. But anyway, after all that I leveled up and in the end Cullote was the one who killed him with his Saint spell. And trust me I was shocked. But it gave me a new found respect for the little guy.
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member David's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger David's Yahoo
bakudan22

Mood: happy boy

Level: 3
Activity: 0 / 70
Participation: 8 / 2284
Experience: 83%

[*] posted on 9-11-2006 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote

i've seen this game in shops but never really bothered with it. is it as good as the disgaea series?
David Male
They took our jobs
Demon

[*] posted on 11-11-2006 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote

I say, YES. Its a prelude to the Disgaea series.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top