Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home3/natsuki7/public_html/disgaea/header.php on line 208

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home3/natsuki7/public_html/disgaea/header.php on line 221
Disgaea Forums - Powered by XMB Disgaea Forums
Go To Bottom
Last active: Never

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
 Pages:  1  2  3  4  ..  13
Author: Subject: It has been confirmed, Disgaea 3
Hitoshura Male
The Demi-Fiend
Demon

Mood: 「"The King's word is law! Chop-chop!"」

Level: 29
Activity: 17 / 717
Participation: 384 / 28058
Experience: 70%

[*] posted on 18-7-2007 at 03:42 AM

It seem Marionette has posted what I would had like to say before I could, so I'll just say I agree with her fully on the subject.

"Wipe that smile off your face!
Or I'll wipe it off for you with my fists!!" -- Ms. Toriumi

http://usera.ImageCave.com/Rubedo/Hito-Sig-00.png
"You're stubborn, reckless, you only like reading and puzzles, which makes you gloomy, and you have fat ankles...
Oww! And you're so quick to hit people, that's a fault too!" -- Soul

"If you have someone you don't want to lose, you should keep them at a distance." -- C.C.
Wir

Level: 1
Activity: 0 / 8
Participation: 1 / 256
Experience: 34%

[*] posted on 18-7-2007 at 08:31 AM

I plan on buying a PS3 for MGS4, so I don't fully mind the console choice. I don't mind them keeping the grpahics the same, but because of that, the price is an issue however. I hope they aren't going to pull a fast one with this and go for the 59.99.

The character issue? I'd like to at least see laharl make an appearance, and i'm sure he will, so i'm good with this whole deal. We'll see what happens I guess.
Groove Zombie Male
Resident Bastard
Monster

Level: 32
Activity: 25 / 786
Participation: 477 / 27881
Experience: 44%

[*] posted on 18-7-2007 at 11:10 AM

Olber: Sammy thrives because they have one of the most high-res 2D fighting games ever.

Revel: They do some neat stuff with RTSs, however. I mean look at the screens and stuff already out for StarCraft 2. I ain't asking for that, it obviously wouldn't fit with the style, but maybe a tactics game that looks as good as, say, Okami? To say that's not possible is laughable.

Anyway, Even if the gameplay is finally innovative, even if they do more with the background, or sprites, or anything, the average PS3 owner will pass on it because they want a cinematic experience. That's what they bought an HDMI-compatible, High-Def ready, $600 computer-quality gaming machine for.

It would do fine on the PS2, still many people have them, AND the people who own PS3s would go ahead and pick up a PS2 game not expecting that same level of graphics as a PS3 one. It would sell well enough, and they wouldn't murder themselves, win win in my book.

Innovation is certainly key, it's one of the more important things to me as well, but Nintendo seems to be the only one really cultivating that at a broad level. Even that's in question, with all the rehashed PS2 games coming out for the Wii, though that's not directly Nintendo's fault. I don't know... I just don't see N1 being able to survive in the Next Gen with their current mindset, sadly. We'll see though, I certainly hope I'm wrong and they'll make a real show, but this IS a little too hot off the heals of D2 and Soul Cradle.

OH. Before I forget after all that long-windedness, Marionette, what makes you think N1 will make use of all that space if not a single company has done so thus far? And I mean not a single one, that's been a big complaint from a lot of critics. I think it may have something to do with the disc being TOO big, which slows down load times because it has all that data to sift though. That's why some companies have taken to repeating the most-used data several times on the discs, to speed things up.

The REST of what you said though, was spot-on (considering I kinda repeated you a smidge up there). I think it IS dead for devs, because if they really want to take their time on a game at this point, and develop it for at least a year, then it'll be out almost two years into the life of the PS3, and three into the 360's. That's pretty late in the game, and most people that are lagging behind currently will have moved on up the the next gen stuff.

This post may not reflect the views of Akai Tsuki Ltd. Zombie's sarcasm is not the fault of the management. Take sarcasm in small doses. If you ingest too much sarcasm, or experience a sarcasm for seven or more hours, consult your physician. Sarcasm may contain peanuts, some people experience allergic reactions to sarcasm. For customer service, please call 1-900-UCRAMIT. Please enjoy your sarcasm responsibly.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member Groove+Zombie's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger
Alexander
Dark Knight

Mood: Weiss&Schwarz

Activity: 25 / 781
Participation: 471 / 27598
Experience: 26%

[*] posted on 18-7-2007 at 11:37 AM

Totally agree with Groove. For peoples who i know in here finland who own PS3 will realy just leave this alone. The nis games selled here, because they where not so complicated and price was good in PS2, but you know how much here cost PS3 game? 80 EUROS!!! Thats 110.21$ so i believe that owners of PS3 realy look about guality when they buy PS3 game.

Anyway for my opinion if this kinds of sprite games will have to come next-gen they supposed to be in PSP or DS. Those consoles, dont cost so much and they have good guality in screen. For what i have heardet, peoples around the world has stopped buing sooo much SRPG-games for regular consoles and started to buy them to handhelds.

If somepody says that "i dont care about graphics" the answer is this: There has to always be somekind of improvement even in sprites when you think about marketing. from Disgaea to Soul cradle there has always been improvement in sprites.

I dont realy say that this game cant have good plot or system, but in PS3 game marketing it has to realy upgrade that system if Disgaea 3 wants to survive.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2dba4va.jpg
Akutare
Retired, twas fun.
Monster

Level: 31
Activity: 21 / 753
Participation: 431 / 28145
Experience: 13%

[*] posted on 18-7-2007 at 03:27 PM

I will later edit and first up the first page to make it look neater.

Marionette
The Comedy of Errors

Mood: Delicious Almaz

Level: 26
Activity: 13 / 631
Participation: 286 / 20805

[*] posted on 18-7-2007 at 10:46 PM

Quote:

OH. Before I forget after all that long-windedness, Marionette, what makes you think N1 will make use of all that space if not a single company has done so thus far? And I mean not a single one, that's been a big complaint from a lot of critics.

I know I'm pretty homey about my opinions, but I still feel deep inside my heart (as unrealistic as it is) that just because game companies do something and it's considered the norm doesn't necessarily mean it's right. I wonder if programmers are taught how to effectively use the blu-ray disc? If not, I believe they should be so the disc doesn't go to waste. We as consumers are spending thousands of dollars a year on these products, effort and quality should be expected - not hoped for.

Again, I realize I'm very unrealistic, but as an ex-worker in retail that dealt with video games I've seen the shoddy of work of even the most money-making companies. Consider EA and not only it's rehash of games (which still makes millions), but the fact that they can't even put the simple detail of making their game booklets in color when they know they'll sell instant millions. It's not whether their games will sell, they will - it's just a matter of polishing that I desire in games I love.

I hope that N1, if they can't atleast use the utilities of graphics that the PS3 has to provide, will make up that shortcoming with something else and not just expect it's fans to be okay with lackluster.

TL;DR I know. Sorry.

Laharl Male
Opinionated Overlord
Demon

Mood: Lost to Apathy

Level: 42
Activity: 66 / 1045
Participation: 985 / 38722
Experience: 81%

[*] posted on 19-7-2007 at 12:12 AM

D3 is will technically be a first generation PS3 game, therefore its almost as if they will underuse the software to make the later stuff a lot more impressive.

still if the game if of D2 standards gameplay-wise i'll be happy, admittedly i'd be happier if it was on PS2 or PSP

Last.fm
MyAnimeList
PSN ID: Cynical_Durian
Twitter: @Cynical_Durian
Taro
Battle Freak
Demon

Mood: Fah

Level: 25
Activity: 12 / 613
Participation: 268 / 19319
Experience: 54%

[*] posted on 19-7-2007 at 12:21 AM

the same should be fine...but bigger effects would make it seem like they have a reason to put it ont the ps3...goddamn...i was gonna spend all my money at dragon con and now i gotta save for a freakin system....

If that is something that can be stopped, then just try and stop it.
Alexander
Dark Knight

[*] posted on 19-7-2007 at 12:31 AM

Laharl and Taro stay in topic. This is "official We angst and argue, because they make Disgaea 3 on PS3 and it has not improved"

Just kidding..XD

Anyway yes hardcore fans will buy this game even it has only one new track, but in world marketing it has to improve and LOT.

For that Marionettes Blue-ray thing i agree that it would be waste if that game will not use much space. Even so Nis has always doed one SRPG-game in year and it was to DVD-disc so good luck for them.

Laharl Male
Opinionated Overlord
Demon

[*] posted on 19-7-2007 at 01:51 AM

to be brutally honest, the hardcore fans are what keep NIS going, most people would rather shoot something or drive about than play something taxing like an SRPG.

As long as they keep fans like myself happy, i couldn't care less what they do

Last.fm
MyAnimeList
Groove Zombie Male
Resident Bastard
Monster

Activity: 25 / 786
Participation: 477 / 27881

[*] posted on 19-7-2007 at 04:55 AM

Mari: No no, I don't think they're homey, and it's a valid and certainly optimistic point of view. I would hope they do learn to make use of it, but given the time frame, and the fact they didn't make use of the space for games like Oblivion and The Darkness, I'm less than optimistic.

And It's interesting that I notice the booklet thing too. In fact, most PS2 games don't have color booklets, while basically every GameCube game does. Hahaha... no one ever takes that into account, and it does show an extra bit of effort on the companies' part, despite how unimportant that little detail is to the actual gameplay.

This post may not reflect the views of Akai Tsuki Ltd. Zombie's sarcasm is not the fault of the management. Take sarcasm in small doses. If you ingest too much sarcasm, or experience a sarcasm for seven or more hours, consult your physician. Sarcasm may contain peanuts, some people experience allergic reactions to sarcasm. For customer service, please call 1-900-UCRAMIT. Please enjoy your sarcasm responsibly.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member Groove+Zombie's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger
Alexander
Dark Knight

[*] posted on 19-7-2007 at 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Groove Zombie

And It's interesting that I notice the booklet thing too. In fact, most PS2 games don't have color booklets, while basically every GameCube game does. Hahaha... no one ever takes that into account, and it does show an extra bit of effort on the companies' part, despite how unimportant that little detail is to the actual gameplay.

This is usualy problem of USA and Europe, because i have 5 japanese PS2 games and all they have fullcolor booklets "dunno this still proves anything". Well Nintendo has always got full color booklets and it still runs in DS and Wii games.

What i am consired that will this Disgaea 3 work in wide-screen television, i mean those screenshots are HD-guality so i realy hope they think of LCD-guality too when they make this. It just that i cant play nis games in widescreen television, because it look much better in regular television "its flats them perfectly". Lots of people has Widecreen and LCD-TV so i hope Nis will rise a guality to work with those perfectly.

Gintaru

Mood: Meh...

Activity: 0 / 18
Participation: 2 / 547
Experience: 73%

[*] posted on 19-7-2007 at 10:17 PM

hold on so it's for ps2, psp, and ps3?

Check out my forums!http://nintendods.hqforums.com/
Pokemon Diamond friend code: 2234-3613-3379
Mario Kart friend code: 034425-592620
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p242/bmfm124/Sigs%20and%20Avatars/alistairsig2copy.png
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
Etna Female
Galaxy Beauty Pirate
Demon

Mood: Win or Lose! Stand up for your beliefs.

Level: 53
Activity: 148 / 1311
Participation: 1845 / 51284

[*] posted on 19-7-2007 at 10:25 PM

Should really read things more carefully...infact,I dont even think you read what we've been saying either.

Because otherwise...you would understand,the answer is:the PS3.

You probably saw PSP and PS2 due to the fact,some of us think from those screen shots,it looks like it belongs on the PSP or PS2.

I shouldnt HAVE TO explain what is being said here.And I assure you,the other members will be more harder to you than I am.

http://devil-heart.net/bs-s/bss-3.jpg

"Tell me,who's the baddest of the bad?
The maddest of the mad? The killer of kings and destroyer of worlds?"http://etna.akai-tsuki.net/001flg.gifThank you Revel <3

http://etna.akai-tsuki.net/enmygi0901.png http://etna.akai-tsuki.net/ven-1.png
Gintaru

Mood: Meh...

Activity: 0 / 18
Participation: 2 / 547
Experience: 73%

[*] posted on 19-7-2007 at 10:36 PM

dammit! I'm not buying a ps3 for a disgaea game...although i need disgaea 3, i only have disgaea 1!!

Check out my forums!http://nintendods.hqforums.com/
Pokemon Diamond friend code: 2234-3613-3379
Mario Kart friend code: 034425-592620
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p242/bmfm124/Sigs%20and%20Avatars/alistairsig2copy.png
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
Akutare
Retired, twas fun.
Monster

[*] posted on 21-7-2007 at 12:53 AM

I'd get the damn game for shits and grins and keep in my collection, but I don't "need" Disgaea 3. I kinda lost my intrest in Disgaea, but I like NIS' other titles. For the reaction of the main character.

It's getting the same reaction that Disagea 2 got for when Adel was the main character. It's another...

"ZOMG WHY NOT LAHARL AS THE MAIN CHARACTER?!!?!"

I have heard some pretty bullshitty suggestions for Disgaea 3 and one was "Follow the anime ending with Prinny Laharl!"

Like I said, I was never was a fan of Laharl or Adel in aspects of main characters. Adel seemed too basic as a character and hero. Hearing "It's my style" greated to me no end to Yukimaru's dub of "ZAM!".

Laharl is just there.

I wonder what the white haired kid will be named.

Laharl Male
Opinionated Overlord
Demon

[*] posted on 21-7-2007 at 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Akutare
It's getting the same reaction that Disagea 2 got for when Adel was the main character. It's another...

i don't think anyone here has actually said that...

but i can see where you're coming from, its not a good thing when a developer resuses the same protagonist constantly for little or no reason, take SE and Cloud for example

Last.fm
MyAnimeList
heart_of_winter
Trainee

Mood: mysterious ^.^

Level: 6
Activity: 0 / 133
Participation: 18 / 4337
Experience: 34%

[*] posted on 21-7-2007 at 01:05 AM

I'll say it once, and I'll say it one last time. When will NIS do a futuristic SRPG? Makai kingdom, as fun as it was didn't count as a sci fi. Where were the star ships, lazer guns, hackers, and holographic images? Man I'm starting to get sick of traditional fantasy,and would like to see games that feel more like Firefly, Halo, or Shadowrun rather than demons and dragons.

I agree with everybody that NIS do need to amp it up when it comes to visual. Yes I know a lot of people say OMG GRAPHICS DON'T MATTER, but upping the ante is a good thing.

I hope that in this game you get to create your own main character, and that they go the western style of RPGs. I'm not really into CRPGs anymore, and it would be kind of cool to see Disgaea go in a different direction.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger heart_of_winter's Yahoo
Akutare
Retired, twas fun.
Monster

[*] posted on 21-7-2007 at 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Laharl
Quote:
Originally posted by Akutare

i don't think anyone here has actually said that...

but i can see where you're coming from, its not a good thing when a developer resuses the same protagonist constantly for little or no reason, take SE and Cloud for example

People are more mature here, Laharl, then they are at other places. That's why I like this forum to have an intellengent discussion about NIS and Disgaea, rather then hearing someone scream "NIS RULES!" in my ear.

At Gaia, people bitched and moaned about Laharl not being the main character in Disgaea 2 and they are doing the same.

Capcom keeps the cycle of X, Axl and Zero going in the X games. Well. Axl appeared in X7. A well for Netto/Lan in Megaman Battle Network.

Laharl is an okay character, but I am not crazy for his type.

Laharl Male
Opinionated Overlord
Demon

[*] posted on 21-7-2007 at 01:14 AM

@heart_of_ winter: there is plenty of sci-fi RPG games, Xenosaga and Star Ocean are a solid base, the only sci-fi semi SRPG i've seen is Future Tactics and by god did that suck. I for one don't want to see a sci-fi SRPG by N1, the sci-fi jargon bollocks is those games annoys me "prepare to jump to warp 6, but what about the diliphium matrix?". If they made a game like Halo i would dedicate the rest of my life to killing that particular production team.

Also i can't see a japanese developer risking everything on a western baldur's gate style RPG, mostly becuase it would suck

@Aku: I don't even bother with those kind of sites, to me the opinions of zealous fanboys are void. If the new protagonist is different and enjoyable then i'm happy

Last.fm
MyAnimeList
Akutare
Retired, twas fun.
Monster

[*] posted on 21-7-2007 at 01:16 AM

Phantasy Star is considered Sci Fi in Aspects as well. The classic series I mean.

Not Online/Universe.

Marionette
The Comedy of Errors

Mood: Delicious Almaz

Level: 26
Activity: 13 / 631
Participation: 286 / 20805

[*] posted on 21-7-2007 at 01:32 AM

I loved Phantasy Star IV. Great game.

Dear N1,

If you have Ash in Dis3 I'll forgive you temporarily. That is all.

Signed,

Marionette, who doesn't mind being bribed once in a while.

Alexander
Dark Knight

[*] posted on 21-7-2007 at 02:22 AM

This starts to fall again....

Good friends and mates i know everybody is exidet because new Disgaea is coming so thats why i say this politicaly. I Believe and hope that peoples have matured little for last time "when disgaea 2 came". For no i hope you agree with me and discus when we get more info to dicussed.

I dont mean that you cant sugges or talk about it, but i hope this Stupid "arguing" will stop realy we have knowed each others to long time and we have no reason to argue something like "I DONT WANNA LAHARL THERE".

Have faith in NIS people! Something what you have fanned will not disapear so easy.

Laharl Male
Opinionated Overlord
Demon

[*] posted on 21-7-2007 at 03:10 AM

@alex: isnt that last part a little idealistic? remember what namco did to european tales fans like us? they shot us in the foot, stabbed us in the back and abandoned us. pricks.

Last.fm
MyAnimeList
Akutare
Retired, twas fun.
Monster

[*] posted on 21-7-2007 at 03:14 AM