Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home3/natsuki7/public_html/disgaea/header.php on line 208

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home3/natsuki7/public_html/disgaea/header.php on line 221
Disgaea Forums - Powered by XMB Disgaea Forums
Go To Bottom
Last active: Never

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Kaitou's Work in Progress
Kaitou Male
Demon

Mood: Half Awake all the time

Level: 1
Activity: 0 / 2
Participation: 1 / 64
Experience: 10%

[*] posted on 25-10-2009 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
Kaitou's Work in Progress

Hm, looks like my first post would be in here. Ossu~ I've kinda just been lurking around the board; since I got Disgaea 2 for the PSP I've gotten back into the... well obsession with this sort of gaming so I figured I'd need a board to go to, to check out things. (Wow that was a kinda long sentence.) Anywho, I'm just creating this post to put my work with uh sprite editing. I'm not sure if I'm any good with it but I like my own work (unlike in regular drawing where I never seem to be friggen satisfied). I'm currently working on a number of sprite sheets for some story I'm trying to flesh out and hopefully may get some constructive criticism here. As for a preview I guess my current work that's my avatar would do.

...at least for now.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d11/mattaku/kaitousprite.gif
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Kaitou's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger
Cranilla Female
Average
Demon

Mood: Indifferent

Level: 20
Activity: 7 / 480
Participation: 159 / 11932
Experience: 21%

[*] posted on 26-10-2009 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote

You're very good at editing sprites. I like the hair and outfit, and the sword is nicely done, too.^^

If I'm right, did you edit it off of Ash from Phantom Brave in Disgaea 2 format, or did you edit an Adell sprite from Disgaea 2?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger Cranilla's Yahoo
Kaitou Male
Demon

[*] posted on 26-10-2009 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote

I went with Ash, he had the right hair for it. Mixed Ronin male (chest, and coat) and Ronin female (hakama) to get the whole Shinsengumi-ish uniform. Decided to keep Ash's sleeves cause they looked nice and went well with the rest of the uniform.
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Kaitou's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger
Kiruka Other
Trainee
Demon

Mood: Apathetic

Level: 8
Activity: 0 / 194
Participation: 32 / 4620
Experience: 78%

[*] posted on 26-10-2009 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote

The sword was nicely done by the spriter(s) who worked on Makai Kingdom. :p

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/7750/swordmh.png

In all seriousness, though, the rest of the sprite flows welll despite having multiple bases with minimal editing. I also enjoy the boatlights, desu~

My sprite thread: http://disgaea.akai-tsuki.net/viewthread.php?tid=2823

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/7334/susumubanner.png

Don't forgot to get mIRC for yourself and come visit #Disgaea on IRCHighway! Click here if you need help. For those who don't quite get it, it's a chat room for this forum. >.>
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
Kaitou Male
Demon

[*] posted on 27-10-2009 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote

Only problem when doing this is trying to remember which eye is which color. Have to double up on the sprites for the different in eye colors. ^^; It's fun though just trying to figure out how I want to put together the heroine. ^^

And yeah the katana's from Makai Kingdom. Ah how I miss playing that game. Among others. Hope it comes out for the PSP too.
Cranilla Female
Average
Demon

Mood: Indifferent

Level: 20
Activity: 7 / 480
Participation: 159 / 11932
Experience: 21%

[*] posted on 27-10-2009 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote

Oops...I've just never seen it before, so I figured it was hand-made...Oh well. XP

La Pucelle is coming to the PSP, so why not Makai Kingdom? I doubt they're putting Disgaea 3 on the PSP, though.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger Cranilla's Yahoo
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top