Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home3/natsuki7/public_html/disgaea/header.php on line 208

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home3/natsuki7/public_html/disgaea/header.php on line 221
Disgaea Forums - Powered by XMB Disgaea Forums
Go To Bottom
Last active: Never

Poll: Which VA language do you prefer?
English ------------------ 5 (50%)
Japanese -------- 2 (20%)
I like both equally. -------- 2 (20%)
I dislike both equally. ----- 1 (10%)

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Which VA language do you prefer?
AdellFan94 Female
Human

Mood: Humorous

Level: 5
Activity: 0 / 114
Participation: 15 / 2650
Experience: 59%

[*] posted on 1-11-2009 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
Which VA language do you prefer?

So I just want to see what people think of the Disgaea 3 voice acting, and which they think is better.

For me, I hated the English voice acting. Mao sounds like Gilbert Gottfried and Almaz sounds like a whiny 10-year-old. But the Japanese voice acting is superb, I love listening to Mao and Almaz's Japanese voices, but I just want to take knives to my ears whenever I hear their English voices.

So what do you think?

My top 5 favorite characters:
1. Adell
2. Laharl
3. Almaz
4. Axel
5. Rozalin

I support AdellXRozalin and LaharlXFlonne.
Princess Maharl Female
Vassal
Demon

Mood: I miss my Onii-chan

Level: 15
Activity: 2 / 370
Participation: 95 / 11451
Experience: 82%

[*] posted on 1-11-2009 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote

In japanese, I don't like that Mao sound even more like a girl trying to sound like boy then Laharl does(I love Laharls japanese voice, but it is on edge to sound like something totally different then a little boy's voice), Mao is older then Laharl, should he not sound like an older boy?

I can't speak japanese, so I can't judge the acting.

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
Cranilla Female
Average
Demon

Mood: Indifferent

Level: 20
Activity: 7 / 480
Participation: 159 / 11701
Experience: 21%

[*] posted on 2-11-2009 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote

Meh, I don't really like Mao's english voice, but his japanese voice is just as annoying to me. Almaz is okay in both languages, but I hate Champloo's voice, and I like Raspberyl's voice in english, even though it's twice as annoying. I don't think I've heard her japanese voice, though...:swt:
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger Cranilla's Yahoo
David Male
They took our jobs
Demon

Mood: Determined.

Level: 38
Activity: 50 / 935
Participation: 736 / 30412
Experience: 40%

[*] posted on 3-11-2009 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote

I happen to like the English voice cast. I'm just glad they didn't give Asagi the same voice she has in Prinny.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o241/Overlord_David/Davidsig.gif
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o241/Overlord_David/David004.gif Overlord David - Cutting demons since 2004...
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member David's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger David's Yahoo
Phoenix Male
Demon

Level: 1
Activity: 0 / 5
Participation: 1 / 121
Experience: 21%

[*] posted on 1-2-2010 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote

There could have been some improvements to both languages, but I'm okay with it since I like all disgaeas equally.

I did like Big Stars voice but not Salvatores.
elysia-chan Female
Demon

Mood: Random

Level: 1
Activity: 0 / 11
Participation: 2 / 261
Experience: 47%

[*] posted on 13-2-2010 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote

I personally think the English voice was great in this one, compare to the other two.

Mao -- I prefer his English voice. His Japanese voice sounded a bit too feminine in my opinion.
Almaz -- I like both. JYB and Shimono both did great. Now if only JYB done Emil twice as well as he did Almaz.
Sapphire -- Japanese. I don't really like her English voice for some reason.
Raspberyl, Asuka, Lillian, Salvatore, Champloo, etc -- Both
Vato Brothers -- English.
Aurum -- Japanese. I think Dave Wittenberg is great voice actor and all, but when his voice got all high...
burnfist23
Trainee

Level: 6
Activity: 0 / 148
Participation: 21 / 3567
Experience: 95%

[*] posted on 9-3-2010 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote

I liked both equally but if I had to choose one, it would be English. I see not a lot of people like Mao's Japanese voice, but I actually love Mao's Japanese voice. I just love his Japanese voice actor is able to push Mao's emotions so far, especially during the depressing scenes. Not to mention I like her orgasmic breathing better. Vic isn't bad but as far as Mao overall, I kinda like Hiromi Hirata better. However, Vic is definitely a lot funnier and I definitely love his range of voices for the other Maos (Particularly Saucy and Savvy Mao).

And all the other voice actors are good in both languages, but what wins out for me is Raspberyl, Geoffrey, and the side characters. Raspberyl just sounds badass in English, period. I mean, I love Chiwa Saito and all, but Beryl's english voice just has a lot more oomph in it. Geoffrey is better in English for the simple fact that he doesn't like he got his balls chopped off like in the Japanese version and most of the side characters sound so much cooler (Spanish orcs and Badass Knuckle ftw!)

Quote:
Originally posted by elysia-chan
Aurum -- Japanese. I think Dave Wittenberg is great voice actor and all, but when his voice got all high...

If you're talking about his stupidly heroic voice, that's the point. It's supposed to sound stupidly heroic. And he doesn't even do it all the time.
Rozy
Trainee

Level: 5
Activity: 0 / 122
Participation: 16 / 2532
Experience: 90%

[*] posted on 11-9-2010 at 05:52 AM Reply With Quote

Well, I just got Disgaea 3 recently and I haven't had the chance to listen to the Japanese voice acting, but. . . I do love Mao's English voice-very funny.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top